No other product invented by the Priefert family has had more of an impact on the cattle industry than the full front-opening headgate invented by Marvin Priefert in1964. The Model 91 Headgate is based on Marvin’s original design and is by far Priefert’s most popular headgate to date. If you are in the market for a good headgate that will not only stand the test of time, but also increase your productivity and efficiency, then this is the headgate for you. The HG91 provides safety for both animal and operator, helping to take some of the “work” out of working cattle. Priefert’s Model 91 headgate operates in manual or automatic mode and its Infinite Locking System is guaranteed for life.
• Model 91 Headgate operates in manual or automatic catch mode. Engage the automatic catch feature by moving the auto-catch lever forward to activate the spring.
• When in automatic mode, set the self-catch lever on the front of the headgate to select one of 4 opening widths.
• The yokes (or sides) of the headgate are contoured to fit securely around the neck of the animal.
• The HG91’s patented Infinite Locking System is guaranteed for life and allows for a perfect fit for every size animal with no adjustments necessary.
• Designed to be user friendly, all levers and handles are located so that a single individual can operate the headgate from one spot with minimal effort
• Headgate is reversible for left or right-handed operation.
• Head Restraint Chain can easily be secured around an animal’s head to provide easy access for doctoring eyes or reading ear tags/tattoos (Head Chain sold separately).
• 5 year limited warranty on workmanship and materials.
Manufacturer's Part Number: #HG91